Changing environment, learning new language and new culture,being a wife and a mother, living far away from families and friends, I have come to share my views, thoughts, feelings, ideas on so many things that I cherish.

May 04, 2012

Things You Should Know About Perms (Fashion and Beauty Friday)



It's true that a permanent wave can give you a fresh, beautiful look
and may be , new-found confidence. But you shouldn't be too hasty in your decision to get a perm. Having listened to Marguetta Breslin (a hair expert),
Here are a few things to consider first:

The solution used in a perm can be tough on sensitive skin, so it's important to be sure your scalp is in good condition and free of any irritations or sores. If you have an extra-dry scalp, this should be treated at least a week prior to getting your perm.

If you've had your hair recently straightened or coloured, adding a perm on top of that may be a recipe for disaster. Having two or more procedures done too close together can wreak havoc with your hair and cause severe breakage. It's best to wait at least 1 - 2 weeks between chemical services to minimize damage.

A permanent can help relax tight curls and make your hair more manageable, or it can add lovely texture and body to long, straight locks. But one look does not fit all. Make sure that you communicate your desired results to your stylist and that she or he understands what you're hoping to achieve.

Remember that permanents are true to their name! The results will last for months, and that's a long time to live with a style you don't like. If you decide a perm is right for you, be sure to get it done by a trusted professional - and always follow their guidelines for caring for your new style.

4 comments:

Colette S said...

I agree.

Much thought should be put into this process before anyone have it done.

May said...

Taking care of permed hair can be very difficult, i can tell with my own experience, but i can't do without it. Thanks for sharing, this is a good reminder..

~LadyM said...

I know someone who got a perm once and the middle part of her hair was straight..I don't think that person knew what they were doing..it's scared me away from them..permanently lol

following via GFC, G+, Twitter and fb :)

Tia said...

I went natural 2 years ago, and I am so glad I did. My hair had been permed for as long as I can remember. I never had any bad side effects. In fact, my hair was pretty healthy. I just wanted the versatility that came along with my natural hair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...